Monday, July 20, 2009

Winter Time?

Well, the last couple weeks have been pretty lousy. Two weeks ago David got sick with a cold and flu and I ended up catching the cold end of it and have put up with sore throats, lots of coughing fits, and a runny nose. After two weeks of it I decided to go to the doctor only to be told that I just had to stick it out. This sucked since I wasn't able to work! Going onto my third week of being sick I have been able to go to work I just have coughing fits every once in awhile and an annoying sore throat. It's not as bad as it was.

Two weeks ago Hillsong Conference went on and David and I were able to go to the nights. I was too sick to be around the little tots so we spent the days touring around the Sydney Olympic Park where the conference was being held. It was pretty cool, I took lots of pictures. The conference was awesome. Joel Osteen, Louie Giglio, Jentzen Franklin, Craig Groeschel and Chris Tomlin. I will blog more about that another time.

This past weekend Courtney, a friend from Regina, came to stay with us on her way to a smaller city called Wagga Wagga. David and I showed her as much of Sydney as we could in the time that she was here. She was very lucky with the weather. Right before she came it was very cold and rainy. All of a sudden we have a break in the yucky weather with some beautiful weather. Yesterday we went to Bondi Beach and people were actually swimming and tanning, probably all tourists. I would compare it to a nice summer day in Regina. In Regina I would wake up on a day like that and say BEACH DAY!! It was only 18 degrees out but the sun made it feel a lot hotter. So as we all know, I am obsessed with Bondi Rescue (the reality show here about the lifeguards in Bondi and the rescues they do every day). Well, we found a pair of glasses floating in the water and I knew what this meant.....I had to go to the lifeguard tower and give the glasses to the BONDI RESCUE LIFEGUARDS. I ended up chickening out and Courtney went over to the tower and handed over the glasses to the lifeguard that looks like Tom Cruise with a funny nose job (Monica will know) and he was standing next to Maxy who was posing for a picture for some tourists!!! I was so jealous that Courtney got to talk to them. haha. She had no idea!

Courtney had another famous person moment as well without even realizing it. We went to Hillsong on Saturday night and Reuben Morgan was up there leading worship with the rest of the team. At the end of the night we were standing out on the Welcome Lounge talking to some friends and Courtney walked over towards us...In doing so she cut off Reuben Morgan and his guitar. I looked at Courtney and said to her...do you realize what you just did....haha with a confused look on her face she said no...I responded with a "You Just Cut off Reuben Morgan!!! My cousins would have wished they were in your position!!!" (Cousins being Stephanie and Byron) lol. She thought that was pretty cool! She was here for two days and managed to run into two mini celebrities!

Finally, I cannot complain...The weather is beautiful. If I could I would stay here another year. I do not want to come back to Canada weather after experiencing this weather. I do miss my jobs. I miss subbing and teaching. I am repeatedly asked to go to a Childcare center here that treat me so mean. No hellos, no goodbyes, just a lot of do this and do that. I had a bit of a break this morning because there was a male sub also in the room. But as soon as he left it went right back to the rudeness. I am trying to be positive about it but it really sucks!! Sorry that I leave my blog on this post. Hopefully you remember the cool stuff that I have gotten to do. I think David and I might get to go whale watching this weekend! That will be fun!

That is all for now I believe.

Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment