Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Emmmmmmus

So the weekend didn't totally turn out how we had planned it. When we arrived at the campground it poured all afternoon. While we were staying dry, David forgot that he had left the lights on in the car and so when we went to take a little trip in the evening the battery was dead. We tried to get help from the others but they could not help us. Long story short, from my experience of leaving the lights on in the car, haha, I knew that they were not putting the cables on properly and so the next morning they tried it the way I offered the night before and sure enough the Toyota Hilux 4x4 off-roader came back to life.

That afternoon David and I were due to visit Yanchep national park and have a walk in the Bush but the weather wasn’t playing our game so we opted to come back to the farm and cook a thanksgiving meal.
David- I never knew that the Canadian’s celebrated it on a different day to the Yanks but it was Bloody good!!Pumpkin Pie is the best! We had sweet potato’s with Marshmallow, Roast chicken and heaps of veg. It was like Christmas. I’ve been eating it for lunch every day since and every time I get the need for a nap afterwards.

Yesterday when we were driving into the house from the olive grove we finally saw the three emus that live on the farm. Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera but we saw them off in the distance again today when we went for a morning run! Yay!! They run very funny. They actually reminded me of the duster girl from Beauty and the Beast. The sheep were also in the groves today. It is so funny seeing tons of lambs with long tails on them. When they are running away their tails glide along behind them....haha.

Tomorrow, the big boss is away and we’re cleaning the irrigation systems, so lots of turning on big machinery turning on big taps and racing around on motorbikes. I'm excited! We will see how it goes.

The days are warming up here which is nice. I think I got a little bit of a burn today. Also, we think we can start uploading pictures...very slowly...so we will do that in the next few days!

Bed time,

Holly and David

No comments:

Post a Comment