Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Ice Skating!!

Another blog update, yay! I have finally pulled myself away from the bathtub. David, Daryll and I went down to the river with Marron (big black crayfish) nets and let them sit for the afternoon and caught 6 marron, we let two go back into the River and took 4 back to the house to live in the bathtub until tomorrow at lunch time. At the beginning of our retrieving of the nets a bull ant decided that he was going to pinch down on the bottom of my foot. OUCH! Daryll and David had a nice laugh for about 10 minutes until the sting settled down. It is still sore but not as bad as those 10 minutes.

This weekend David and I went to Perth again. We spent the morning of Saturday at the Hillary Harbour Markets for Catherine and then went shopping. It was too weird...40 degree weather, christmas decorations, christmas music... I can't even really get into singing Christmas carols or being excited because it feels like its July. We then went to a beach near the house and hung out there for a few hours and had a little swim. In the evening we went Ice Skating!!!!! Two weeks ago we met a guy at church named Isaac and he loves watching ice hockey and skating. He is off to Lewis, an island of Scotland, as he has found love there. So this was his going away party. It was nice to have some air conditioning and ice to cool us off. It was David's second time skating ever. Everytime people asked me if I could skate...they would stop in mid-sentence and be like "Oh wait, your from Canada, you should be a pro." Well, I am not a pro but I can skate. The rink was pretty bad, though. Isaac said that it was probably the best it has ever been. When people fell they were soaking wet afterwards because it was slushy and had puddles every where that there was higher amounts of traffic. I will give Australia credit though....It was a pretty good indoor skating rink for a 40 degree day. And to end the night....David left the lights on in the car...again. He asked everyone if they had jumper cables and no one did. Finally, the last person came out and happened to have them..Boy, were we lucky. I think we have to start taking jumper cables around with us.

On Sunday, we went to church, caught up with people and then met Isaac and some of his friend for lunch at Nando's, a popular portugese restaurant in Australia. It was another 40 degree day so David and I decided to head over to the Mall to do some shopping and then head to the beach. I guess Isaac had missed us already though because he called asking if he could take us out for coffee. So we met him at a coffee shop in the mall and he bought me a big piece of Mars Chocolate Cake and an Iced Coffee...bad girl. David and I then headed off to the beach to enjoy the sun and ocean for a bit before heading off to the evening service at church. We were a tad late for the service since we got the time wrong. Luckily the church was only 10 minutes away from the beach we were at so we were only 40 minutes late. After church we went out with some friends at Hillary's Harbour and Isaac introduced us to some YUMMY ICE CREAM (I know, bad girl). There were different flavours to choose from..and then...you had a choice of different candies and chocolates to put in it...They would then mix it all together and so you had ice cream with your choice of candies in it...We all had a boysenberry ice cream with nerds and gummy bears...Goood choice.. I reminisced about nerds ice cream from when I was younger. Apparently it was only a North American thing.

Well that is it for now,

Holly and David

No comments:

Post a Comment