Sunday, January 10, 2010

New Zealand or Bust

Righty O then,

Ok, so since our last update, 5th of January I think. We've been around, did some stuff..saw some people. You know as we do. So I just checked it out and new Years was the last thing we posted, you've got some catching up to do.

So I had some work lined up with my old boss so I used the opportunity to earn some money to cover my time in Sydney. I forgot how expensive it is to live here. Even more considering how far we are living from the city.
So my friend from work Feng had a day off one day so he asked us if we wanted to go for Chinese food, of course we thought. So we ate Duck feet, boiled pigs blood among other savoury chinese thingies. Then we ate some mango pancakes mango pudding and some coconut Jello that was incredible. I have to say I won't be eating Ducks feet for a while.

Among the many other interesting little things we've done since we've been back, we've headed iff with Nat, our friend to some beaches and places of interest. We went to Balmoral beach yesterday with her friend Lisa. Who is from Birmingham but doesn't have the funny accent. It's a beautiful beach out of the way of anything commercial and is full of families. Very much unlike Bondi. It's great to have a friend in the city, and as she's giving us free rent and being a real blessing to us we help her out in whatever way we can. I helped her open a can of mayonnaise yesterday. She really appreciated it.
So other than these exciting things, we headed to the Cinema to watch Avatar in 3D. WOW! It's is a beautiful and epic movie of enourmous proportion. Just mind bendingly good. So good that I will be seeing it again tomorrow.

So we've met up with Jon a few times while we've been here too. We headed out to meet one of our old housemates once, last night we went to the opening night of the Sydney festival and saw Al Green. That's for you Ken, I know you love him. The city was throbbing last night, street dancing and tens of thousands of people sitting in the Domain Park awaiting Mr Green. A sight and emotion to truly be felt. It had been so hot during the day and was still very humid at around 9-10pm.
So today we went with Jon and Jenny to Gordon's Bay with some snorkel gear.
We perched ourselves on a rock among the crowds and threw ourselves into tthe water. we swam around for a good hour checking out the sea bed, seaweed and a stingray trying to hide himself from us. we had a great afternoon splashing around, we headed off to Coogee beach and had a dip in the baths.
After getting back from the beach we headed straight to a pizza place down the street for some food with the girls of the house and had a ball talking to all the waiters who seemed to be family, they loved me becausse I was one guy with 4 women. They wanted to know my secret. We had a fab night and came back to the house collapsing on the couch.

So I think that's it for now. No doubt I've forgotten something.
We'll blog again soon from New Zealand, can't wait to get there!!

Thanks for reading, speak soon

David & Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment