Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Back in OZ!

Hello all,

This is Stephanie. Yes, the Adventures of Holly and Stephanie and David blog once again involves Stephanie!!

It was a long two days of travelling but I finally arrived in Perth early Sunday afternoon which was earlier than I was first scheduled to arrive. I lucked out when I arrived in Sydney and Qantas had some seats available on the earlier flight so they asked if I wanted to go on the earlier flight. I said yes and was in Perth at 2 in the afternoon rather than 6:45 in the evening. Thanks to Facebook Iwas able to communicate with Holly and she came and picked me up at the airport so everything worked out even better than expected.

On the trip to the farm we almost hit some kangaroos. Darryl managed to swerve at the last second and missed hitting the kangaroo by a few millimetres. This made me feel right at home as I’m used to seeing deer run out on the road at night…the only difference is that I usually hit the deer.

We’re working on the olive farm from Monday to Friday and then we’re heading off down the southwest Australian coast. I’ve been learning the ropes at the olive farm and meeting interesting people. Besides Holly, David and I, there are three Germans and a guy from England. They make the work interesting and it’s been fun getting to know everyone.

We spent Tuesday afternoon at Lancelin beach. It was fantastic to see the ocean again! There’s just no way that I can ever hang out at a beach in Saskatchewan ever again. I’ve been spoiled.

The olive farm is beautiful!! The house is on a hill so there are amazing views of the olive grove as well as the surrounding landscape. Holly and David took me on a drive around the farm today and we saw kookaburras and lots of wild kangaroos.

Holly and I are working on finalizing our plans for our trip down south. We’re hoping to take in a rugby or AFL game this weekend.

Well that‘s about all that‘s happened up to this point. We’ll try to update the blog as we travel down south.

Stephanie, Holly and David

No comments:

Post a Comment