Saturday, November 6, 2010

Shoplifter

Hello Blogfans,

It was last week, tuesday I think when I, David walked into work and was hussled into the office by my boss and his boss and asked to explain a piece of video footage that made it look like I was stealing something.
It looks really bad but I can explain was my response, though they didn't want to rewind the tape and see that the item I was 'shop lifting' was actually a Bakery bag with a creamy pastry in it given to me by a friend of mine on her way to a progressive dinner at church.

What a day that was! We went above the Boss and got in touch with the shop owners and got them to make him review the tape, and so I got a call a few hours later with my job back and an apology. 

This really got us thinking and I think made us appreciate what we had here and what we needed to do before we left, consequently we are going to Karijini National Park on the 17th of this month for 5 days, returning to Exmouth for a few weeks and then heading down to Perth to see our Australian surrogate family for christmas.

We had a very busy few weeks between moving out from our friends' Catherine and Waynes house, we moved into a small house near our work and spent pretty much every day and night doing something.
We then moved to the house we're currently in to house-sit for and seemed to stop. I think it was so nice for us to be able to stretch out and relax without causing any inconvenience to anyone. It's been great.


I think we're ready for the next and pre-final part of our Australian trip, Karijini - Perth/Farm and then on the 3rd of January will be flying to Denpasar in Bali and spending 10 days there having a look around, seeing some rice paddy fields and some lush tropical scenery. After that we head to Jakarta for the night on the 13th then make the trip to Manchester, UK via Doha in the UAE, How wonderfully exciting and very very sad :(
We've both warmed very much to Australia but it will be good to have a change of scenery maybe.

One surely cannot live in a perfect 36 degree climate for ever...Wait..Maybe one could. 'Holly....Can we cancell our flights and stay...' You've seen how much fun we've had the past two years, but we'd make fun wherever we go. It's not where you are, it's who your with and what you're doing.

Untill Next time,

David & Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment