Friday, September 18, 2009

Day One - Indian Pacific

So, I had meant to tell you all about my past week. But the internet went down again and I was unable to. I ended up teaching 3 days of the week at Ultimo Public School. That is the school that I did my overseas training at. Made more in 3 days then I was working a week and some changing nappies everyday! It was so exciting to be teaching again. The teachers were sad to see me leave so soon but were excited to hear about my upcoming journeys. I am looking forward to coming back and teaching some more. David and I had a few barbecues, and a sunday roast on a Tuesday night...all going away parties with all of our friends!

David and I got on the Indian Pacific train today. Exactly 9 months since I got to Australia. The seats are comfy and spacious which is good because this will be our home for the next four days. Most of the people on this train are 60+ with a few families and then fellow backpackers. It took about 2 hours to properly be out of Sydney. It is so huge! We haven’t seen any Kangaroos hopping about yet, hopefully tomorrow. We saw the most beautiful sunset over the hills. We were travelling past an area that was green and full of trees. Nothing was in the way of watching the sun go down! As we watched it with the rest of our carriage some of the older proper Aussie gents started chatting with David about the outback and a bit of its history while I entertained the 2 year old that was sitting in front of us while his parents watched a movie together. He was cute at first until he asked to sit on my lap and kept trying to kiss me, he then kept trying to get me to go somewhere with him. When David came back the boy telling him to “go” and then he would say “come here” to me as he held my hands. It was borderline creepy. Haha. I heard the family mention they will be getting off at Broken Hill….phew.

Tomorrow morning we will be arriving in Broken Hill where we will be doing a 1 ½ hour tour of the area. Pretty exciting. Later on in the evening we will be stopping in Adelaide and doing another tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment