Sunday, September 20, 2009

Perth

Hey Guys,

This is David. I've Hi-Jacked (with permission) Holly's blog.

Though I don't really have much more to say on the matter of our mammoth journey accross the country, other than my bum was flat and I couldn't stand sitting down for the whole of yesterday. It was amazing!!

Ok, so Perth. For all of you not in the know, it's Australia's third largest city I think. Maybe even fourth. But nothing here is on the scale of Sydney. Sydney is to Australia, what Toronto is for you Canadian's. Huge...

Perth Sits as one of the worlds most isolated cities and very different from what we have already seen here in Australia so far. The streets are very wide and the city has a far more welcoming feel than Sydney did.

So yesterday we arrived at our friend Juli's cousins house. It's in a small complex with a pool at the centre. I think we'd have both been excited to sleep on a couch after our ordeal on the train. Sleeping upright on a chair for 3 days, but she gave up her and her cousins beds for us along with their en suite bathroom. I have never been so excited to see a shower and soft toilet paper.

We stayed around the house most of the day. Relaxed on the balcony and waited for the computer as Holly uploaded a lifetime of photos to facebook, to check on my family and friends. My sister had a baby back in May and I get weekly updates from them.

So we had a trip around the city yesterday. Did some shopping, good shopping. Not the bad expensive kind. Came back to the house, talked to our old house mate Jon over Skype and while the girls did their girlie things all night, I snuck on to my bed and woke up at 7a.m.

So today we had the intentions of being up and snappy making the most of our last day in the house and in Perth. But it rained, and rained....and rained. So we mooched around, talked to some friends and finally left to see Freemantle. So, I heard that Freemantle was this haven of a place, with glorious beaches and something very similar to the Bondi area. What a Scam! This place looked like a cheap British Seaside town, smelt like it too.

And where was the Beach?! We could not find it anywhere.

A guy we met on the train travelled to Perth purely to see the Beach at Fremantle before travelling the coast. He didn't find it either.

So after this, we hit a chocolate bar called San Churros. Had some Churro's and chocolate strawberries to hide our disappointment.

So now, I'm sat on a lovely couch, nice and warm and drifting off to sleep with the joys of an early morning ahead. I'm hoping for us both that the trip will be good, and that we get everything out of it that we need. Though, I may be sick of Olives in a few months.

So that's the other side of the story for you.
Until Holly lets me on the computer again, thanks for reading :)

David

(P.s from Holly)
I have caught up on the photos a little bit. But still have a bit more. Our last week in Sydney and our train trip. Hopefully we will get those up sometime this week. But enjoy these for now.

Japanese Supper, City2Surf, Etc...

Touring Sydney and some...

No comments:

Post a Comment