Saturday, September 5, 2009

Watson's Bay

Yesterday was a wonderful day, yet again! We planned to go to the Sydney Market at 6:30 in the morning but Juli had a going away barbecue the night before and so we stayed up pretty late. It is about a 25 minute walk from our house so we arrived there around 10:30. I cannot describe it but I took lots of pictures. It is this big building full of many different market areas with people selling all sorts of sea food. I took lots of pictures of octopus and squid. I had no idea how little octopus were. I also never realized how big a tuna could be. After seeing all of the different fish, lobsters and crab, Juli, David and I sat down to eat some Blue Swimmer Crab, Smooth Dory (from New Zealand) and . It was my first time eating crab properly and I actually really liked it. I have also become a lover of fish. I don't think I will be able to eat fish when I go back home though. Not after having fresh fish all the time here. We got back home around noon, packed our bathing suits, picked up Jon and headed to Circular Quay to take a ferry over to Watson's Bay. Jenny vespa'd over there on her scooter and met us there. It was so beautiful. We hung out at the bay for a bit and the walked up to the headland where you could see the ocean. You could go to a lookout point where you could see the Bay (and the city in behind) and then on the other side was the ocean. You could walk around the headland to see the Gap between where we were could see North Head (stephanie we went there with Kristin)and Manly across the water. We went back to the Bay and played some games (bang bang who did I shoot...Jon did not like this game) and then had fresh fish from supper. We sat on a dock and watched the sun set over the water, eating scallops, fish and calamari. MMMMmmm.

I could never get sick of how beautiful it is here. My pictures do not even do justice to how beautiful it is. But our internet sucks lately so you will end up getting an overload of photos when I finally have the proper internet connection.

No comments:

Post a Comment