Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Esperance, we will miss you.

Two blogs in one day! Look out....haha we have to take advantage of the internet while we still have it.

Today was our last day in Esperance and we tried to spend it wisely....at the beach.  The forecasted thunderstorm never happened and we had a lovely 31 degrees, which again is not normal but we will enjoy it anyways.  We walked across the street and spent the morning and early afternoon at the beach..reading, watching the massive waves crashing, and cooling off in the crystal blue water.

I had a dentist appointment at 3:15 (Catherine's, the owner of the farm I am working at, brother) so Stephanie dropped me off and headed to the cafe (and then they jetty).  What was supposed to be a quick 45 minute start of a root canal ended up being 2 hours.  For all you dentist people out there, it wasn't because he sucked.  He was actually brilliant and is worried for my tooth when I have to get the rest of it done in Canada.  What happened is apparently people are normally only supposed to have one canal and I ended up having 5.  In all of his 25 years of experience he has only seen this one other time, he was amazed.  So it took a lot longer than he had planned but he did not rush.  The were pretty proud of my patience with my mouth hanging open for so long.  A poor boy had to sit in the waiting room forever waiting for me.  One of my favourite appointments ever, and I am not that much of a fan of going to the dentist...usually.

By the time my appointment was done my freezing was pretty much out with not too much pain! Stephanie and I headed back out to the jetty and watched the beautiful sunset.  It was clouded over and the colours were amazing.  Sammy the seal was also at the jetty showing off and catching treats.  He is the celebrity of the town.  It cooled off quickly so we headed for supper in a little cafe next to the ocean and are now sat watching Top Gear ( a brilliant British car program that Canada should have) and drinking tea.  There is also a beautiful lightning storm going on over the ocean.  I think we will head out to the verandah soon and watch it!

The owners of the bed and breakfast have been wonderful and we have enjoyed the time we have spent with all the other guests who have been here.  The have added to the wonderfulness of Esperance. 

We have a big trek tomorrow, Esperance to Perth.  It is about an 8 hour drive, which is nothing really but we have been lucky with our 1 hour jaunts for the past week.  So early night for us.

Holly & Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment