Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Welcome home, Bernard.

Happy June! Boy does time fly.  My birthday is only in a couple weeks! I cannot believe it.  I have just come in from taking care of a little 6 week old lamb on the verandah.  When Darryl and the other wwoofers (I was teaching in Gingin today) were mustering sheep today he found this little one with two sore legs on the same side.  The mom has also abandoned it.  Darryl took it home tonight where him and Donna will bottle feed it and give it some antibiotics.  She may become a pet.

Last weekend I went into the city with Donna to get the VAN and to watch her son, Shannon, play a footy (Australian Football League) game. Friday was also Donna and her twin sister, Jacquie's birthday.  So after spending the evening at a school that Shannon is looking into for next year, we went out for dinner with Jacquie's family and Tanya's family.  It was soo good to see our "Australian" family again.  It makes it that much harder to want to leave here.

The next day Donna and I went to pick up the van.  We arrived at the car lot and there was only one van in the lot.  It was ugly.  An 90s van with the ugly stripe across the side.  But I wasn't going to complain, it was a van, Darryl loved it so it had to be good.  I went and signed all the paperwork and the guy walked us out to a different van, much nicer looking van! EEEK! I also found out that its actually a 1998 and that its a Toyota Townace. My first vehicle that I own on paper and its in Australia! haha.  I will say though, it is mine AND DAVID'S vehicle.  We are very excited to fix it up and start travelling with it.  We also may have picked up a friend with us, Kendra has fallen in love with our vehicle and may be joining us.

Shannon's footy game was awesome.  His team won and they were also missing all their good players (they were playing in a league above for the week).  Shannon scored lots of points for his team.  He is probably one of the better players on his team and he is also the youngest.  This game was more exciting to watch then the actual AFL.

On Sunday Darryl and Donna had us over for lunch with Donna's boys.  We then headed over to the block to play with the baby calves and sheep.  We had a bonfire and went fishing for marron.  Darryl also brought both of his motor bikes so Kendra and I took one and went off alone all over the property! How fun.  What a farm girl I have become.

That about sums up the excitement for the past couple weeks.  Still haven't got photos up yet.  Will get some eventually.

Holly and David x

No comments:

Post a Comment