Friday, April 17, 2009

More Birthdays!

haha. I was waiting for some crazy things to happen before I posted again. I felt like I may start to get boring in these but a few of you have been asking when I am going to post again so I will let you know what has happened in the past week or so. I have been trying to save money so I have not gone out much. Just lots walking around and having friends over.

Karina, a friend from BC was here for a few days. Her birthday was on the 13th so on the 14th we went out for supper. A couple days later was David's birthday. He wanted to go out for supper with just us girls but I decided to surprise him by booking an Indian Restaurant (his favourite kind of food)in Darling Harbour and having his good guy friends from here meet up with us. The boys were very cooperative and he was very happy and surprised. Now, when I made reservations for this restaurant I knew it would be a 20-30 dollar meal and was willing to pay for that. The boys had decided that they had wanted to do the Banquet Meal between the 7 of us. Let's just say 832 dollars later Karina and I were Shocked! haha. The boys were nice and took care of most of the bill. I wanted to cry...and laugh... It was an experience that will not be forgotten that is for sure.
The next morning Karina had a flight to catch at 12:30 pm. So she got up and started getting ready to leave at 8:30 to be at the airport at 9. As I was lying there, listening to her get ready, I heard a shocked sound come from her mouth and then a little scream. She hadn't checked her flight and it was actually scheduled to leave for 10. Moral of the story: Don't go for international flights until 1 hour before and you will avoid line ups! hahaha. She was pretty freaked out but she ended up making it perfectly fine!
The past couple days I have been waiting on some transcripts that my dad has mailed me. So I have been working on a new resume (for a serving job) and I have been running and walking the coastal walk from Coogee Beach to Bondi Beach. It's an hour of lots of up hills and down hills and stairs. It is beautiful and has rained everytime, which is cold but really refreshing. It feels good to be getting exercise other than walking around everywhere.

There is a little summary of my past couple weeks.

Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment