Monday, June 15, 2009

I love my flat mates!

So it is my birthday today! Yay! But I want to blog about what has been happening here. It has been pretty fun over the last few weeks. David and I still do not have jobs. We have even started applying to K-Mart and a few electronics places. I have finished everything I need for teaching (hopefully all of it this time). So now we are just waiting. If nothing comes up in the next week or so I believe we will look for jobs elsewhere and get out of Sydney.

Besides having no job I have been having a great time getting to know my flat mates more and more every day! They are so wonderful. We totally feel like one big family. We go out together all the time and cook together in the kitchen. We sing Juli's Colombian cooking songs and we attack each other with batter. There are a couple fesitvals that just finished here in the city. One of them was called VIVID. It was a light tour around the Sydney Opera House, Circular Quay and The Rocks. It was a very cold night. I was wearing a toque and got a red nose. The sights were beautiful, though. The Opera house had different lights on it. It is hard to explain but I will be sure to put pictures up. In fact, why not give you a sneak peak right now...



Beautiful.. The Harbour Bridge was beautifully lit up too! :)

Another festival that just finished was the Sydney Film Festival. I didn't know much about it except that it was going on and they had random films playing. My friend Jenny, took me to a movie at the State. It is a theatre in the city that is probably an original building to Sydney. I am bad at eras but I would like to say it has the style of like 1940s or something like that. It is like Darke Hall but more beautiful. The ladie's bathroom was called the Butterfly Room and had a beautiful waiting area...haha. Jenny also took David and I out to the Hill's Campus for Hillsong. Stephanie, feel lucky that you went to the City one. The Hill's is nice and big but the City one is just better....hahaha. The people also rotate from church to church so its not like you missed out on the "more famous" one. haha.

Because I am away from home and cannot celebrate my birthday with friends and family I have made myself a birthday week here. Making sure that I do something special with people everyday. My flat mates get a kick out of it. I will post about the week in a later blog! :):)

Love you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment