Friday, June 26, 2009

Nappies

So, my interview was quick and easy. I have a job as a Casual Child Care worker. I will be making 20 bucks an hour. One of the questions in my interview was "do I know how to change a nappy?" I had a good chuckle at that. They call diapers nappies here...as well. soothers are called dummys. That is when I realized that I will be working with 0-5 year olds. I am excited though. It will be a good experience. It is also temporary until the Department of Education and Training decide that they want to cooperate with me. They will be getting emails and calls everyday until I am finally in. I have a really sweet name tag as well. Oh, another funny thing, when I had my training (right after my interview) they had a list for the dresscode and its pretty basic; black pants, polo shirt, rubber soled shoes and a hat. HAT?! haha. They have a policy here 'No Hat, No Play". Even teachers have to wear hats. The hats that are usually worn are called Cricket hats, they are not little either. They are hats with huge brims around the whole hat. I always giggle when I see the kids playing on the playground with the matching hats. It's because of the sun rays here in Australia. Interesting. It's not even that hot here now. Oh well.

There is the exciting news you were all waiting for! I start Monday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment