Saturday, August 29, 2009

Breath of Fresh Air

It is a beautiful day here and has been for the past two weeks with probably one rainy day. I know you think I am trying to rub in the hot weather here but I am just keeping you up to date with life in Australia. Not trying to rub it in. I explain the weather here as the opposite of our winter wind chills. In Canada when its -25 and its windy it feels like -50, here when its 21 the sun makes it feel like 30. Almost too uncomfortable. Humans never happy with our weathers...too hot, too cold.

Anyways, I am so proud of myself that I am actually able to blog with things that are bloggable and not boring! Since I have been accredited to teach in NSW I thought I would call Kristin and let her know so that she could call me if she ever needed a sub or tell others about me. She has a very busy month coming up with all her bike races on the weekends and weddings. She had yesterday free so we decided to get together before I went away to Perth.

We met her at Warringah Mall (by Manly) and I picked up some teacher goodies. (oh, before I go on...Jon and Jenny read forcasts for rain all weekend and were not optomistic about my trip to the Northern Beaches. I was hoping that they were wrong and kept a positive attitude!) After the teacher shopping we headed to Kristin's to figure out what to do for the day. As we were sitting her in lounge the sun came out and it was nice and hot! We decided to go to West Head which has a nice view of Palm Beach and Pearl Beach, hopefully you remember them from previous blogs. Anyways, beautiful views all around. We then walked through some bush down to West Head...the walk up was a work out! Very steep. I realized that I am only in shape for City Walking....not bush walking! Yikes

After an afternoon of beautiful scenery and warm weather we headed over to Steve's house to pop in and say hi to him and his dad. It was so great to catch up with some proper Aussies. I have missed that part. Driving through the Northern Beaches has also made me miss that part of Australia. I think I will definitely be considering living up there when I come back from Perth. It is far from the city but it is soo much more laid back and just more my style. I do not like big cities. Don't get me wrong there is always lots of fun stuff to do and beautiful sites to see but there is just something about being right next to the ocean and living in a life style where everyone is laid back.

I took some pictures of yesterday but the internet is slow and wonky at the moment..so the will get here eventually.

Oh, also, I don't know if I blogged a week or two ago about when I totally biffed when I was walking home the other day. Flat on my stomach, legs and arms sprawled out, right next to a bus stop with many gasps and shocks hoping I was okay. I got up...shook myself off and just said "no worries, just hurt my pride" giggled and kept walking. Well, yesterday, Jon and David and I were going out of the house and I forgot something back at the house so I ran back to get it and stubbed my foot on some on even growned and biffed it again. Flat on tummy, sprawled. This time I lost a shoe and it was right outside a house party of one of our neighbours. So everyone on the balcony was like "whoa what was that noise," they see me and the shoe, "oh hey you lost your shoe." My pride hurt once again, I ran and said "I'll be back." Got my stuff and ran to get the shoe as I ran to back to Jon and David there was a bunch of clapping to cheer me on. How embarassing. I do not think there can be someone else who falls so hard in public as much as I do!

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment