Tuesday, August 11, 2009

City2Surf Pt. 2

Well, I survived the City 2 Surf! It was huge. I ended up feeling not the greatest but I was able to walk with a bit of running throughout the race. It was really not that bad at all. The hills were a bit tiring but I had a ton of energy. David and I found time to stop and take a few breath taking views of the city! When I get the photos on here I will put some up on the blog for you. I am uable to find the chord at this moment to put the photos up.
On Thursday and Friday I had an Orientation type thing for teaching. It is for overseas teachers that want to teach in New South Wales. I got to meet a lot of people from all over. There was a girl there named Hayley Johnson and she was from South Africa. She came up to me and told me that her husband and her talked about names for if they had a daughter and one of the names was Holly. She thought it was sort of weird that she had met me. Obviously, she will name her daughter Holly for sure. lol. It went really well. It was nice to hang out with teachers. We can always find something to talk about. I learned that Australia is a bit behind on the times compared to Canada when it comes to teaching. Next week I will be teaching in the classroom for a week. It will get my foot in the door! It is getting me so excited! No more nappie changing and crying babies. It will be a nice break. The school I will be working in is close to my house. It is an ESL school. I believe 80 percent of the students are Asian. We will see how it goes. I am excited. The class I am in is Year 2 (grade 2) and the teacher is a man. His name is Jim. Nice name for a grade 2 teacher.

Today was beautiful outside. Tomorrow is supposed to get to 28, let's see if it actually gets that warm. David, Jon and I went to Manly and walked around, enjoying the beauty of the ocean and all the scenery. It was the first time I have worn my bathing suit in awhile. It got very cold at night though.

I will try my best to find the chord tomorrow and put up some pictures from today and the race.

tata,
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment