Monday, January 19, 2009

Blue Mountains....Breathtaking!

It is 7:30 am and I am wide awake. Who knew I could be a morning person!?! Stephanie and I are still pretty sore from our burns. We have almost gone through a bottle of aloe vera. Parts of my burn are starting to tan though.

Yesterday we went to the Blue Mountains. On the way there we stopped in this cute little town called Leura and walked up and down main street looking at the cute little shops. We also experienced the "flower pot scones". It was very delicious. The blue mountains are not actually blue so I asked Kristin why they got their name. They get their name because there is a bluish haze over them that you can see in the distance. Apparently this is from all the eucalyptus trees. It was so beautiful there. I tried to take tons of pictures but they just do not do justice at all. I also sucked up my fear of heights and went on a skyway. It is this little train on wires that goes from one mountain to the other and you can see out the bottom and down the sides. It was freaky at first but I loved it!!

One thing that I found pretty neat here (that I absolutely wish we could do in Canada! haha) is that people walk around bare feet here all the time. Stephanie and I went into the grocery store with Jo and Kristin the other day and there were two guys walking out with bare feet and beers in their hand?!?!?!? Then as we walked around more it looked like every second person had bare feet. (Erin, from work, would be so disgusted at that..."health regulations" as she told me! :))

Last night at supper we started talking about deadly animals in Canada vs. Australia. Seems to be similar; leave them alone and they will leave you alone. They then told us about the Funnel Web that only lives in Australia. The white bummed ones live INDOORS and the black ones with a red dot live outside. Then Kristin continued by telling us there were some in her GARAGE!!!! These are very poisonous spiders. The most deadliest spiders in the world. hahaha. I love it. Maybe I say that until I come close to one. haha.

Today we are heading off to Central Coast to visit another girl that came to Regina that Kristin and I got to know over the semester that they were here. Her name is Renee and she has a little boy named Zach who is 1 and a half. I am excited to see her. We will be taking a ferry out to Central Coast and then going for about an hour walk to Pearl Beach. I am sure there will be lots of pictures taken. Feel free to google Pearl Beach and Central Coast to see it all.


Time to shower and get ready for today.

Kristin in actually out biking and Jo has gone to Sydney with her boyfriend for the day!

Feel free to leave comments and what not!

Holly and Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment