Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Ferry and Basin

Today I am not nearly as sore and my face is peeling! Kristin and Jo both have to go to the school and prep their classrooms for school to start next week. Their new school year starts next Tuesday.

Yesterday we went along all the beaches and stopped at a bunch of them. I believe we have seen almost all of the northern beaches. They are all so beautiful. We took a ferry to a Basin yesterday (across from Palm Beach) and hung out there for the day. It was beautiful. We brought a lunch and just sat under the shade for a bit. Funny story, so we were laying there and I was tired of getting this little pinches from ants so I had sat up. I looked over to my right and there was this HUGE lizard thing crawling towards a lady that was laying on her towel. I made a huge eek kind of noise to try and get Kristin and Steph's attention they got up and looked. We watched it get closer and closer to the lady and had no idea what to do. Slowly, it turned and started to make its way towards us. It got so close that we actually had to get up off of our towels. It crawled all over our towels, saw that there was no food and continued on to another group of people. Meanwhile, another one has come out and is also looking for food. It was pretty cool but they were so gross looking with slithery tongues like a snake and lonnng tails. One silly little girl tried to pet one and it swooshed her away with its tail. It more scared her than hurt her. We decided to move to a different part of the beach. Steph and I waded in the water for a bit. There were a ton of oyster camps (oysters all over rocks) nearby but I thought if we were careful we could do a timer shot of us. Well, when I came running over to Steph she was scared to get wet so she backed up right into a rock covered in oysters and she cut the bottom of the foot and the back of her heal. We got a pretty funny picture of it though.

While we were at the Basin we also got to see Wallabies, they are so cute, minature kangaroos. I got some good pictures and videos of them. The one let me get pretty close to it. I kept making sure with Kristin that it was okay and that it was not going to attack me. There were a couple times where it looked at me and I felt like it was saying..."take your picture and leave me be." haha We headed back shortly after and had a wonderful refreshing thunderstorm....

(oh did I mention that before we took off for the Basin we sprayed all the funnel web spiders in the garage.....if you don't know about funnel web spiders...google them. Craig definitely knows about them ;))

Now, Steph and I are off to the Sydney!

Holly and Steph

1 comment:

  1. Awe Yeeeah! Sounds like a great time already Holls! Nice blogging. Yahoo for you buying a Dij! Thats great fun... but how do you carry it around australia for the whole time you are there? Have you encountered any Blue-Bottle Jellies yet? We saw lots when we were there. ha ha... have fun with those lil' guys.

    When you are in Sydney... if you ever go west of Sydney (close to Cambelltown) There is a pie shop in a town called Robertson. It is The Robertson Pie shop.. and says it has the world's greatest pies. You should try some of the australian meat pies... they are soo good!

    Well, thanks for the updates Holl! Have fun... and say hi to Steph too!

    ReplyDelete