Monday, March 16, 2009

Taronga Zoo was awesome! Although, no worries Stephanie, it wasn't as good as Australia Zoo...No petting animals or feeding them. When you get your picture taken with a koala you stand beside teh koala while its in the tree. Lame. But there were alot more animals. It had animals from all over the world. I loved the Chimps and the Gorillas...Of course the wombat was sleeping the whole time. I am lucky I had the experience I did at Australia Zoo. I got some sweet pictures and video. I will have to put them up when I get the time.

A couple days ago, Monica and I went to Coogee Beach (surprise, surprise) and we ended up staying later because there was lightning off in the distance (....the night before we had a HUGE rain/thunderstorm...you were drenched in like 30 seconds...) We thought it would be cool to watch in at the beach! Boy were we right! It was so beautiful! It was pretty cold sitting out there in our beach stuff watching it but it was so amazing to watch that it was totally worth it!

Today, I spent the day in the city (it was nice and I didn't even go to the beach). I just walked around in the Central Business District (downtown) and just window shopped. I decided I needed some cardio..haha. First of all, something really frustrating was happening. It seems like on every corner there is a homeless person in their designated spot every day begging for money. It hurts to see the same ones out there every day. I wonder how come they are there over and over. Isn't there a way they can get help? Have they got help and refused it? Who knows. Anyways, as I was walking down the street today there were two guys with bibles and a box. They would run down the street a bit, put down the box, stand on it and start preaching about God and hell. Do this for two minutes then get off, run and repeat the process. So they get to the end of the street and here they are trying to preach to people as they sit in front of a homeless person doing nothing about it. Maybe I am a hypocrite because all I do is drop money in once in awhile. But rather than jumping on the their boxes why didn't they shpw how Jesus would have wanted them to help people...rather than what they were doing! Anyways, just got me thinking and I needed to vent it.

On a funnier note...I think I need to get my hair done or something. There are people that go out on the street trying to find people to buy these hair packages, which are a pretty good deal considering what you would pay. Anyways, I was suckered into one when I first came down here. So, it makes me laugh when every once in a while I get the "excuse me, where do you get your hair done?" Today was CRAZY! It was like I had "this girl needs her hair done" written all over me. I had 6 people come up to me throughout the day...by the end i was just laughing. I even ran into Emma, a girl I know, who told me that from a distance she was waiting for me to get closer cause she was going to try and sell it to me. haha.. Too Funny! I even met a Canadian who lived in Swift Current for a while through the whole thing!

Anyways, enough reading for you.. for now!

Holly!

No comments:

Post a Comment