Thursday, February 12, 2009

Eating Tim Tams at Tami's.....later. hah

I wanted a witty title. We don't really have Tim Tam's right now...but we will probably go out and get some later.

Today, after spending a wonderful night in a beautiful apartment (at the Comfort Inn), Stephanie and I taxied on over to the International Airport where I dropped off Stephanie and headed off on my own journey! Yikes...feel like a thousand dollars later. I am finally in Sydney staying in the CBD (Central Business District - I just call it down town and get laughed at...haha). Tami, a girl I worked with at the Regina Inn is living in a little apartment here and I am staying with her until I can figure out living arrangements and what I will be doing for the next few months. Jobs are looking a little hard to come by right now and not sure where to travel or what to do. I have sooo many ideas but not sure.

Anyways, back to my thousand dollar day. haha. I wasn't sure if I was going to actually head to Sydney today or not. I was feeling kind of lousy and Vave's mom had offered her home to me if I needed it. After lugging my stuff everywhere I decided that rather than lugging it around even more I would just leave to Sydney. So, dropped Steph off...paid for a taxi to the domestic airport. SICK...20 bucks. I didn't take the train because I thought that 14 dollars was high. I got to Qantas and asked to book a flight for the cheapest ticket they had. 179 dollars!! So unlucky. He told me they were busy on fridays and that was why (Duh). I had the option of staying and leaving early saturday morning or monday night and paying 89. I saw prices for 140 and thought that wouldn't be too bad. Note to self: Book tickets online when I see them. Getting around was easy until my flight. There I had a wonderful window seat and a man sitting in the same row as me in the aisle seat. He was very friendly and we talked the whole hour and 20 minutes. He was working in Brisbane, his wife and kids are in Sydney. He flies to Brisbane during the week and comes home on the weekends. What a life. He told me he didn't want to move because they have all their friends in Sydney. I found out he was from Lebanon and he told me I had to go visit it because it was so beautiful. He also told me that it is not dangerous there anymore. He ALSO offered for me to stay in his house that he owns there if I ever go there, bringing anyone I wanted. He said he would give me his number after the flight but we didn't really talk after. He was really nice and it made the trip go by fast.

Next, I went out to get a taxi, easy stuff since I did it at the other one. haha. I thought it would be around 25 bucks since the sign said 1 hour was 48 dollars and I definitely wouldn't be driving for that long. I had a really nice chatty guy from India. I think he enjoyed that I asked questions about him and where he came from. Especially since the first part was him awkwardly ttrying to make random conversation. "The weather sucks today." "I have a friend that lives in Calgary." haha. When he dropped me off outside Tami's apartment my fare came to 42.26 or something like that! OUCH!!!! But now I am here and happy. Tami and I went down to Paddy's Market (a Chinese market that goes from Thursday til Sunday and has yummy cheap vegetables) and picked up some fresh vegetables. We also went and supported the Bushfire victims in Victoria by going and getting the rest of our ingredients at Coles (all the profits they make today will go straight to that cause).

I am now satisfied after a yummy bowl of chili and we are trying to decide what to do tonight. It is very yucky out and has been raining all day so it may be a movie night or something!


There is a nice little update for you!! Miss you all! Don't worry! It's not too hot here today or for the rest of the weekend...Only in the early 20s.. ;)

Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment