Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Salsa Dancing

So yesterday I moved into my new place. I was greeted by Carolina, she is from Spain. We talked for a bit basically how we are both looking for jobs. I told her that I was a substitute teacher back home (its called a casual teacher here). I then met Neil and Jackie, a couple others who live in the house (Jackie is from Holland and Neil is from England). By this point Carolina had left and I was trying to move my heavy stuff up the stairs, with the help of Neil of course. All of a sudden Carolina called me into her room for a second. She showed me an ad for a casual teaching position! She had gone back to her room to look up jobs for me! How sweet!!! After meeting everyone that was in the house for the evening I had to drop off Tami's keys at her work. It was dark out so I asked Carolina if she wanted to come for a walk. At first she said no because she had to look for jobs, then all of a sudden she was looking up salsa nights on the internet. She asked if I knew how. lol. Yes, but not very good. So then all of a sudden she was in for going to drop off the keys. We also got Neil to come along. It was great fun! I mostly just watched. Carolina is amazing! I am super excited because I totally wanted to continue my ballroom dancing while I was down here and it looks like it is going to happen. Carolina tells me she goes almost every night.

We met up with her friend Gotham (thats how she says it is but they pronounce it differently) he is a dentist and he was SHOCKED when I told him that my dentist has a tv that I can watch and listen to while I am getting work done on my teeth. I thought that was rather funny! Even Neil, had never heard of anything like that before. Go Canada! haha. Later on, Carolina's boyfriend, Hosea, met up with us. I am really happy that I have clicked with them so far. They all seem to be sleeping still but I think they are off to the beach as well today. Unless, they had already left. Anyways, I have to run to the bank because the landlord is coming today and then I am off to the beach! Do not worry, I will put on the sunscreen!

Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment