Thursday, February 19, 2009

Roomies

Okay, so first of all...I found out why a lot of you could not post commenst! haha. I had it so only people who had profiles on here could post comments. I made it so anyone can post now. I know a few people said they had tried to post comments so now you can.

My first couple days have been great here! Yesterday I went and got some money out to pay my landlord and then went off to spend the afternoon at Coogee Beach with Tami. It is out by the famous Bondi Beach (where a recent shark attack has occurred. haha) After the beach, we went to Paddy's Market. Paddy's Market is like a chinese market where they sell a whole bunch of "stuff", I guess you would say, and then a whole bunch of fruits and vegetables and meat. Tami and I like to go there because its delicious and cheap. But maybe it was not such a good idea for me. haha. I then went to Cole's and picked up some containers to put my fruit into and then decided to carry this all back to my place. Which is about a half hour walk. I had to make many stops and by the end of my trip my bags were all ripping and stuff was falling out. It didn't help that it was hot either. I will have to take the bus next time...lol. When I got home I was greeted at the door by my room mate, Stacey. I have a share room and my room mate has had her stuff there but I have not met her yet. We chit chatted for a bit (she is a really nice girl) and then she went out for the evening and I haven't seen her since. lol

I was so excited to cut up all my fruit and in mid cutting my landlord came. I, smart one, answered the door with pineapple juice all over my hands and of course he stuck out his hand for me to shake it. I warned him about my pineapple juice hands (and I probably had a mango covered face) and shook his hand. lol. He is very young. Well older than me but a younger looking guy. He is super nice. Quiet and shy too it seems.

I was also lucky enough to have TWO Yummy suppers last night. I couldn't resist. My flat mate from Holland started to make supper and asked if I wanted to have some with her (after she told me that she has been to chef school and all). It was so good! Then Carolina and Hosea came home and made supper for myself and two of our other friends who were coming over. They are also very good cooks! I think I may be well taken care of while I stay here. haha.

Anyways, time to look for jobs and then go to the beach!

1 comment:

  1. Thats great Holly! Sounds like you are taken care of! How long are you in that place?

    ReplyDelete